The Marie Ann Longlade School of Dance can provide your child with a warm, friendly atmosphere where hard work has been combined with a lot of fun since 1965. Beyond simply the art of dance, we focus on self-confidence, self-discipline and physical fitness. Our instructors are passionate about helping our students discover their own unique strengths and applying them to our lessons.
Discover Marie Ann Longlade School of Dance
About Marie Ann Longlade School of Dance
Founded in 1965, the Marie Ann Longlade School of Dance is a registered educational institution formed to help cultivate a love for dance and the performing arts in children as young as two years of age.
Over the past five decades, we have produced a host of successful dance teachers and professional entertainers on screen and stage. One of our students has even gone on to be a Radio City Rockette!
Dance Is the Hidden Language of the Soul
We believe that children are capable of accomplishing amazing things when given the tools, support, and platform to cultivate their gifts. This is precisely the reason we didn’t stop at just providing world-class dance instruction to our students. We made it a point to also create a fun, encouraging environment for them.
At MALSD, our mission is to foster a life-long love of dance. When teaching any style or age group, we strive to provide exceptional leadership to our students, building talent and developing life skills such as discipline and respect. As we believe a person never stops learning, we work hard to ensure our approach extends to all our students, from children to adults. We’d love you to be a part of our studio and join our mission to positively reach our community through dance.
At MALSD we believe in:
- Passion & Fun – the more excitement and passion you put into your training, the faster your dancing will improve.
- Personal Mastery – discipline and self-motivation are critical ingredients of high achieving dance students.
- Exceptional Experiences – All our students deserve an exceptional experience every time they participate in a dance class.
- Teamwork – We’re stronger together and can achieve so much more when we work as part of a passionate community.
- Belief In Oneself – Having a big picture goal for life sets the trajectory of your potential, so set yours as high as you can.
Another one of Marie Ann’s daughters and mother of three, Gail possesses a lifelong passion for dance. She was a C.N.E. Rising Star Finalist in 1988 and was able to travel and study in Canada and the US, thanks to several well-earned scholarships and awards through the Dance Educators of America, Sheer Talent, Believe, and Ontario Dance Challenge.
She has been an associate teacher at our school since 1990, and her students have been successful in competitions throughout the country and the States.
- Certified ECE (Early Childhood Education) teacher
- Full member CDTA
- Full member DEA